By his own admission Fred Wellman has had an “unusual career.” He flew helicopters in both Desert Storm and in Operation Iraqi Freedom too. His second campaign was unique because “one day you are fighting and the next day you are building schools.” He’s been a spokesperson for Generals David Petraeus and Martin Dempsey. He once ran for mayor of a small city in Georgia. And he was fired from his first civilian job before opening up his own business and becoming a veteran’s advocate. Fred has an infectious laugh as he talks to us about how the Army taught him skills like speed planning and managing risk that have helped him to successfully navigate the business community. Show notes online at www.bootsaboutbusiness.com.
- Fred on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPWellman
- Fred on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fpwellman/
- Fred’s business: https://scoutcommsusa.com/
- Article: 8 Things The Army Taught Me About Running A Small Business https://taskandpurpose.com/career/8-things-the-army-taught-me-about-running-a-small-business
- Article: How To Know When A Company Is Truly ‘Military-Friendly’ https://taskandpurpose.com/career/know-company-truly-military-friendly