Jason Marchant won’t tell you to not get a degree, but he will tell you don’t let not having one prevent you from applying for a job.
That’s how he did it. And in a couple years, he went from a veteran in transition, and wondering what he’d do with his life, to having a career in sales and business card with the title of “president” of a franchise.
Today he leads a sales team for a company called Fine Tune. When he hires, he doesn’t require a college degree. Instead, he looks for people willing to put in the effort, and he’ll train them on the skills needed.
Jason is a former Marine that later served in the Army Reserve and deployed to Afganistan (there’s a lot of former Marines in the Army Guard and Reserve). On this episode, he shares how he wound up with a career in sales.
- Connect with Jason on LinkedIn
- Jason’s employer Fine Tune
- Sales books Jason recommends for professional development:
1) Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount
2) The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
3) The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson _