Here are a list of veteran resources guests have mentioned during interviews. This list will be updated over time as we add interviews.
Veteran-focused employment sites
- Hire Hereos USA provides free job search assistance to U.S. military members, veterans and military spouses, and we help companies connect with opportunities to hire them.
* The USO Pathfinder Transition Program extends the USO experience to active duty, Reserve, National Guard and military spouses by offering professional development services throughout the duration of the service member or military spouse’s career, as well as when they transition out of the military and settle into their new communities.
Veterans ASCEND is a Woman-Owned, Veteran-Owned company, connecting employers and military talent.
Begin Within is a staffing and recruiting company. We place high achieving military spouses in positions with top-rated companies located on or near US military installations, or who hire for virtual careers.
The Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) connects military spouses with hundreds of partner employers who have committed to recruit, hire, promote and retain military spouses.
Entreprenuer and business resources for veterans
- Bunker Labs is a 501(c)(3) non-profit – is a national network of veteran and milspouse entrepreneurs dedicated to helping the military connected community start their own business.
** Veteran-friendly businessses:**
Franchise opportunties for veterans:
Axxiom Franchise Advisors helps veterans explore the best type of franchise business to fit your specific skills, talents, lifestyle, investment, and experience through our efficient interview process.
G-Force Parking Lot Striping is a Veteran-Only franchise providing expert Parking Lot Striping, Pavement Marking, Sign Installation Services and more.
Veteran networking organizations
- The American Legion is the nation’s largest wartime veterans service organization, committed to mentoring youth and sponsorship of wholesome programs in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow servicemembers and veterans.
Useful books for transitioning veterans
The Transition Mission: A Green Beret’s approach to transition from military service
- The Third Shift Entreprenuer: Keep your Dayjob. Build Your Dream Job.
Note: These books were mentioned by guests on the show. The links are part of the Amazon affiliate program. Any proceeds will support the show.
TD Foundation is a 100% volunteer organization that provides aid to children of wounded warriors and fallen heroes. We help American Veterans’ families in crisis.
Johnny Mac Soldier's Fund provides scholarships to veterans & military family members, especially to children of our nation's fallen or disabled.
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America provides resources to and community for post-9/11 veterans.
Wounded Warrior Project honors and empowers Wounded Warriors.
Resources for businesses aiming to recruit veterans:
- Corporate Veteran Initiative (by America's Warrior Project) works with participating companies to develop and implement workplace solutions that enable veterans to thrive in their careers and become valuable assets to their employers.